I know your heart has been moved as mine has, with what is taking place in Nepal after the 7.8 earthquake on Saturday, April 25. I have been amazed at the catastrophic circumstances that are taken place globally. As ISIS has raised its ugly head, Christ has been working through you who have given with prayers and finances, to reach hurting people for Christ, through the local church.
As we continue to minister in the Middle East to make relief effort a value, we have another opportunity to minister to those who’ve been affected in Nepal. Relief efforts through national pastors is one of the most effective ways of propagating the Gospel. We have given almost $250,000 in relief aid to the Middle East, and have had the privilege of making a difference in the lives of tens of thousands people, as the Lord provided through you! Many, as a result, have come to know Christ as Savior.
Back in 1997 an Indian friend of mine and I served together in the central coast of India, and that ministry has a sister ministry in Nepal. We are now working together in Nepal in relief aid.
We are getting reports of the devastation that has taken place in Kathmandu, but there are other places in the interior where whole villages have been wiped out in the Lapa and Dhading areas with severe destruction. These are the areas we will begin focusing on with immediate relief aid.
Yesterday, I received a phone call and a request for help of over 100,000 tents for Nepal for people whose homes are destroyed; they are out in the open; they do not have their basic needs cared for. I looked at the cost of this request and was staggered. But as we’ve done in the past, we do what we can.
We are working directly through our nationals, and Dee and I are preparing to travel to Delhi, and then to Kathmandu to engage with the local pastors there. We are ready place the order for tents, blankets, food packets, hygiene packets, water purification tablets and solar lights with our wholesale suppliers in India. These supplies will be transported into Nepal into the hands of the local churches to meet the needs of these precious people.
My request to you to help nationals in Nepal:
- Pray that the presence of Christ be felt with those who know him; that they would not feel abandoned in the midst of this crisis (that’s where we step in!).
- Pray for the Church that she would be responsive to the emotional, spiritual and physical needs.
- Pray for the pastors, that God would sustain them through this crisis.
- Join me and be part of this outreach specifically geared to the local churches – the ones that distribute relief and the Word as it most needed.
- Financial gifts – click on the “Donate” button to the right, choose “Nepal Relief Project” in the dropdown menu.