Last July 1, 2019 the Lord gifted them with their very first grandchild – Emmalyn Grace Baer. She is 2 months old, and Resty and Mel are now officially “Lolo & Lola.”
They arrived back in Manila in August and as soon as they were settled in, they met with the leadership of Promise Land Church & School for an update of the entire program. A report was given on each of the children with how they are doing at home, in health and in school. They also discussed:
1. Start of a new set of Livelihood and New Skill training groups for parents in the community.
2. Plan an off campus and on-site training for teachers before the end of the year.
3. Plan to use the computer lab/room to provide access to TESDA (Technical Education and Skill Development Authority, a government funded agency) on-line training for adults and out of school youth in the community.
Upcoming health awareness program events in the Payatas Dumpsite will be led by Mel and Eden Cacadindin, to facilitate the topic, “Mental Health – say no to Depression.” Eden is the former dean, College of Nursing and Nursing Medical Director of a prominent hospital in Manila. On October 19 Mel will lead another event entitled, “Diet, Nutrition and Diabetes.” These programs are vital to members of this community and has helped many there.
How to pray with Resty and Mel:
1. Please pray for protection and for the Cupang Outreach church members to continue to seek and hunger for God’s Word and work in their lives. That they will have their own permanent Under Shepherd and spacious worship place to fit them inside and protect them from natural elements: monsoon rains or blistering heat of equatorial sun.
2. The Church at Payatas and Cupang – to continue to grow healthy not only physically but more so spiritually, obedient and sensitive to God and the Holy Spirit’s direction.
3. Sustained health for ourselves – Resty and Mel. Slowly feeling aging in the body but with continued desire to be like Caleb in our old age – conquer and faithfully accomplish God’s purpose in our lives.
How to engage:
Several children in their program are available for sponsorship; please contact Star at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. To donate to the ministry at Payatas, visit www.IndigenousMinistries and designate your gift to “Southeast Asia.” Contact Resty and Mel by email: email@example.com.
“May the Lord our God show us His approval and make our efforts successful.
Yes, make our efforts successful.” Psalms 90:17 NLT